Commentary

Commentary

Postby Richard » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:54:43 am

Is anyone else frustrated with Ramona? I mean, she was relatively inactive throughout the game and did virtually nothing on her tribe. What a waste of a spot smh... I don't really understand why she was brought back in the first place, and this further proves my point. If you aren't gonna try, why even play? Anyway, go Carter!
Richard
Alumni

Re: Episode 2408 (I think) Commentary

Postby Jeff Probst » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:25:36 am

Richard wrote:Is anyone else frustrated with Ramona? I mean, she was relatively inactive throughout the game and did virtually nothing on her tribe. What a waste of a spot smh... I don't really understand why she was brought back in the first place, and this further proves my point. If you aren't gonna try, why even play? Anyway, go Carter!

Well, I think that she was delivering so well when she was here and she had a great thing going and hten.... she disappeared... like wtf. That's the most frustrating thing of all.
Jeff Probst
Host

Postby Richard » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:28:27 am

Jeff Probst wrote:
Richard wrote:Is anyone else frustrated with Ramona? I mean, she was relatively inactive throughout the game and did virtually nothing on her tribe. What a waste of a spot smh... I don't really understand why she was brought back in the first place, and this further proves my point. If you aren't gonna try, why even play? Anyway, go Carter!

Well, I think that she was delivering so well when she was here and she had a great thing going and hten.... she disappeared... like wtf. That's the most frustrating thing of all.

Are you sure we are talking about the same person? She really didn't do anything that impacted the game and she was never really in a good position on her tribe from what I remember. Hell, half the time I forgot she was even there!
Richard
Alumni

Postby Coby » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:09:10 am

Was Ramona the one that was waffling on whether they'd do this or not?
Coby
Alumni

Postby Kimmi » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:12:16 pm

Gj with that pep talk in Ashley's confessional, Poody. I'm definitely one of the ones rooting for her and want to see her do well. If she could channel all this frustration she's got into playing a dominating game that'd be amazing.
Kimmi
Alumni

Postby Jeff Probst » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:24:38 am

Its so aggravating, i'm not the only one who thinks that her "friends" are treating her like a piece of shit, right?
Jeff Probst
Host

Postby Angie » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:14:21 pm

Jeff Probst wrote:Its so aggravating, i'm not the only one who thinks that her "friends" are treating her like a piece of shit, right?

nope you're on point w/ that
Angie
Alumni

Postby Jeff Varner » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:35:50 am

Posting this shortly after Katie's boot, since we aren't doing episode commentary it seems.

I think Chad is in the best spot right now. I think he is playing really well and is in good with most people, and no one suspects a thing. Or maybe they do but don't care because they like him.

Chad is my frontrunner atm.
Jeff Varner
Host

Postby Yul Kwon » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:03:59 am

What is Ashley DOING? She gives Lisa her idol, saves her, and the NEXT round votes her out.
Yul Kwon
Host

Postby Jeff Varner » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:26:22 am

Jeff Varner wrote:Posting this shortly after Katie's boot, since we aren't doing episode commentary it seems.

I think Chad is in the best spot right now. I think he is playing really well and is in good with most people, and no one suspects a thing. Or maybe they do but don't care because they like him.

Chad is my frontrunner atm.

I feel like I jinxed Chad. If Mia went home, Chad was on a platinum seat. If everyone had just voted Lisa out to begin with, Chad was on a gold seat. Now he's on the hot seat. He swung and missed, curious to see how he gets out of it because I think he will be able to.

I think Debb fucked up here by switching her vote

Yul Kwon wrote:What is Ashley DOING? She gives Lisa her idol, saves her, and the NEXT round votes her out.

I thought Ashley goofed when she saved Lisa last TC. Lost ally #2(?) in Katie while losing her idol to save ally #1 Lisa, then immediately vote out ally #1 the next TC, after using an idol on her not 24 hours prior... wtf?
Jeff Varner
Host

Re: Commentary

Postby Jeff Varner » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:36:08 pm

I'll post another update on my thoughts on the game, though I admittedly don't feel like I have as good of a grasp on the game as I did just before pre-merge but I think I've got the gist of it.

I think at this point (f8?), my front runners to win the game as as follows:

Code: Select all
Chad >> Jolanda >> Cochran > Mia > Debb > Carter >> Ken > Ralph

Chad's episode 15 confessional is giving me flashbacks to my times in Nepal. It seems he's going through the same dilemma I went through last season where I was doing the work but not receiving the credit. Chad's been really impressive to watch, he's recovered completely since his misfiring of taking out Mia (twice). He's got a ton of options and at this point, I'm not sure anyone suspects him. Will this cast be open-minded enough to allow a scooby-doo reveal? Will Chad do enough to make himself noticed and make enough of a cast? I hope so.

Jolanda is doing a very, very good job of playing both sides. Like Chad, I don't think as many people are on to her and her game as should be. I think she is in the best position to make it to the end. She might have put herself in a position where she will be taken to the end without needing to do much work from here on out. Every one seems to want to work with her and no one seems to be targeting her. For Jolanda's sake, I think she will need to make sure Chad isn't there, and probably also Cochran/Mia either.

Cochran/Mia are in similar positions in this game where they have been figureheads (for lack of a better word) of their respective alliances. Chad of course has been pulling most of the strings for team Cochran, while I think team Mia is more of a collective effort between Mia/Ken/Jolanda. I don't think they are playing the best at the moment but if they make it to the end, they could have enough on their resume to take it -- either one of them. I don't think either makes it to the end, but wouldn't it be something if they made it together?

Debb/Carter are also in similar positions in this game and I feel as though people see them as interchangeable. Debb seems to be playing a very similar game to her Nepal game and I think Carter is playing a more social/strategic game than last season, but there haven't been nearly (any?) immunity wins like last season. It remains to be seen if, from this point forward, Debb/Carter make the necessary moves to make it to the end and win this game. The problem with Debb/Carter I feel is that many people might feel they were just numbers in Cochran's pocket, which is true but I think it is more out of convenience for both sides. I think Debb/Carter are not receiving as much credit as they should, which could be a good thing for them in being taken to the finals. They may even have a good case, but it's just a matter of if the jury is receptive to hearing it and who they are against.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ken/Ralph taken to the end as a goats. They could grab some boycott votes but I don't think either of them will win at this point in time. Obviously things can and probably will change by then.
Jeff Varner
Host

Postby Kimmi » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:39:27 am

Kimmi
Alumni

Postby Jeff Varner » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:54:04 am

Jeff Varner
Host

Postby Richard » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:54:04 am

Mia is such an entitled brat. She is so full of shit.
Richard
Alumni

Postby Jeff Probst » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:43:53 am

Lol, slay richard <3
Jeff Probst
Host

Postby Richard » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:54:02 am

Nobody is even gonna read Cochran's response. Not even Lisa
Richard
Alumni