Ongoing Tribal Council Discussion

Re: Ongoing Tribal Council Discussion

Postby Chad » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:42:33 am

Jolanda wrote:tbqh I talked to them all through the game maybe they just didn't do great at messaging you icon_lol

Jo.... The entire Refuge tribe was a giant cesspool of inactivity. Sarah and to a lesser extent you were the only two who even bothered to log on at least once a day unless there was a vote. I was pretty disgusted and more than one host commented on how ridiculous it was as well.
Chad

Postby Chad » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:43:51 am

Debb wrote:Sorry Chad I legit was heartbroken to vote for you last night. But not so much now that I see you were planning on fucking me anyway.

I was banking on being able to jump back to Cochran and Ralph since Mia and Ken were such jury favorites. I don't know what prompted them to switch. I thought as soon as Mia lost immunity it was a no brainer she go.

No worries. Yea, I probably would have cut you at F5/F4. BUT I was actually considering wanting you in there instead of Ralph. Ralph lost his damn mind or something. Was he the one that voted me out yesterday too and not Carter?
Chad

Postby Jolanda » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:45:45 am

Chad wrote:
Jolanda wrote:tbqh I talked to them all through the game maybe they just didn't do great at messaging you icon_lol

Jo.... The entire Refuge tribe was a giant cesspool of inactivity. Sarah and to a lesser extent you were the only two who even bothered to log on at least once a day unless there was a vote. I was pretty disgusted and more than one host commented on how ridiculous it was as well.

Okay yeah that's true.... I guess i never really noticed cuz I logged on as much as i would if I was actually playing the game. I actually forgot about that whoops
Jolanda

Postby Debb » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:46:47 am

Chad wrote:
Debb wrote:Sorry Chad I legit was heartbroken to vote for you last night. But not so much now that I see you were planning on fucking me anyway.

I was banking on being able to jump back to Cochran and Ralph since Mia and Ken were such jury favorites. I don't know what prompted them to switch. I thought as soon as Mia lost immunity it was a no brainer she go.

No worries. Yea, I probably would have cut you at F5/F4. BUT I was actually considering wanting you in there instead of Ralph. Ralph lost his damn mind or something. Was he the one that voted me out yesterday too and not Carter?

NO IT WAS ME AND CARTER.
Debb

Postby Katie » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:49:45 am

Precisely why neither of them will get my vote.
Katie

Postby Katie » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:51:54 am

Chad wrote:

Refuge was pretty freaking dull tbh. Like, we're pretty much encouraged to be inactive because what are we going to even do? You can't talk strategy because you don't know if you're going back into the game together or not or who will be joining the tribe next even. There was no incentive to attend challenges and, by the time I arrived there, the culture had pretty much been established.

I have said from day one I didn't understand this concept and how it adds to the game and now, having played through it, I think I understand the appeal of it even less.
Katie

Postby Chad » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:37:07 pm

I called it a breeding ground for inactivity. I get why it would happen. The Refuge people were taken out of the game so they didn't have to play or any incentive to do anything. I never understood its purpose or why Brenda was calling it a mindfuck.

But at the same time, I really could not vote for someone who sat around and literally did nothing for weeks. And Ken and Mia were BY FAR the worst in Refuge. And I was there when Refuge was a tribe. I can't even imagine what it was like there when you guys were out of the game.

I kept biting my tongue so hard when Mia goes on and on about how she cares so much about the game and she's disgusted by people"not doing anything" about people that have been playing the game since day 1 when she day around for weeks logging in once every day or two and sending a PM if she felt like it maybe. It's really disgusting.
Chad

Postby Debb » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:28:25 pm

Yeah my congrats Mia post was misdirection. She will never, ever get my vote. I love carter but basically Cochran is the only acceptable winner from my perspective.
Debb

Postby Jolanda » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:07:28 pm

Ralph ftw
Jolanda

Postby Brenda Lowe » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:00:44 pm

Chad wrote:I never understood its purpose or why Brenda was calling it a mindfuck.

We will talk about this more after the game, but when I played through it, it played out a lot differently. People this time through seemed to use their picks in a very different way than last.

Like when I was picked, Palomé was both saving me and at the same time, purposefully trying to fuck the rest of my alliance who she didn't really like. Meanwhile I "saved" Penny in order to give the minority over there a better chance. There seemed to be a lot more passing of messages via the current Refugee each round too, and each refugee trying to heavily influence each other's picks to shape the tribe dynamic. Maybe it was more that the two tribal dynamics were very different and more volatile in that game. And then a huge part of it was just not knowing if we'd finish at 6-6-6, 8-8 or go all the way until the tribes were just absorbed and Refuge became the merge tribe.

This time though? Idk if people utilised it less or if it was just a second time through lost the impact. It just didn't play out the same.

That is all I will say for now, till post-game.
Brenda Lowe
Host

Postby Katie » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:26:13 pm

Debb wrote:Yeah my congrats Mia post was misdirection. She will never, ever get my vote. I love carter but basically Cochran is the only acceptable winner from my perspective.

I kinda have to agree with this. There is no Ibrehim in the game this time to provide the jury with a "safer" alternative. For all of his failed attempts at being Machiavellian (including that godawful time he came into the challenge caps lock screaming for us to throw the challenge or whatever), Cochran's done a decent job of surrounding himself with fairly unpalatable players at the end. Once I lost Chad and Debb it threw my vote right into orbit but there's still a few more hurdles to clear yet and I think Cochran's actually made the mountain he needs to climb a little steeper these past few rounds....
Katie

Postby Katie » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:30:21 am

Cochran's immune so safe to assume we'll be seeing Mia here and have a male dominated F4?
Katie

Postby Chad » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:31:12 am

Hopefully.
Chad

Postby Katie » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:33:13 am

I'll be sad actually... My best FTC speech would have gone to Mia. I dunno what I'll say to Ken and/or Carter... like, *shrug*?
Katie

Postby Chad » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:39:02 am

Oh good lord. Mia's saying the reason why me and Debb are in jury is because we didn't listen to her. Seriously vomit. I hope Cochran drags her ass to the F3 as the quintessential goat.
Chad

Postby Katie » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:41:33 am

Does Mia think the only satisfactory ending to this season is her coronation???
Katie

Postby Chad » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:42:09 am

I believe so, Katie.
Chad

Postby Katie » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:55:53 am

Mia got played by Ralph, lol
Katie

Postby Sarah » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:56:08 am

Mia likes to talk about Cochran taking this too seriously. LOL