Welcome, Mia!

Re: Welcome, Mia!

Postby Debb » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:15:23 am

I have no clue on either question.

For the first one - maybe? My whole game plan was getting me and Carter to the end but if he had left that would have changed everything for me.
Debb

Postby Katie » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:19:09 am

Ken wrote:The Cochran vote was something on the table the night Lisa played the idol. I was actually ready and willing to do that.

Hey, I remember that night. That was the night that Ashley gave Lisa the idol which she used to allow Sarah to force a 10-1-1 tie vote that sent me out of the game.

Shame you didn't go along with it really.
Katie

Postby Mia » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:24:21 am

I still do have to wonder if keeping insane Katie would have been better or worse than Cochran staying, though lol. icon_lol
Mia

Postby Teresa Cooper » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:44:02 am

Love you <3
Teresa Cooper
Host

Postby Mia » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:45:42 am

Teresa Cooper wrote:Love you <3

Love you more icon_wub
Mia

Postby Katie » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:07:33 pm

Mia wrote:I still do have to wonder if keeping insane Katie would have been better or worse than Cochran staying, though lol. icon_lol

I was actually 10x calmer the round I left than I had been previously. There was very little to no scrambling to come from me for a few rounds at least - hence my eagerness to jump aboard the Lisa vote when I was certain the numbers were there.

The thing that really shits me actually, is Sarah said to me that round "I'm not voting you but I can't tell you who I am voting because I'm not sure I trust you enough yet.." So I had to go find out for myself. I then found out Ashley wasn't aware so I filled her in because I didn't want her on the outs and so she decided to give Lisa the immunity idol, not tell me to vote Cochran to save my ass and then Sarah voted for me after telling me she wouldn't.

Even when I did all the right things, people were just out to screw with me this time and I'm ok with that. I didn't appreciate the "cheater" voting comment though, that was like stuffing salt into an open wound.

You guys were super brutal to me at the Tribal where Jane was voted off as well - I didn't see the point in getting so nasty and it was actually the first time I had to log off a board in case I actually got emotional.

I don't know if I answered your question but I probably would have come at you just as hard as Cochran tbh so no, keeping me wouldn't have been a good idea.
Katie

Postby Mia » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:32:00 pm

Katie wrote:
Mia wrote:I still do have to wonder if keeping insane Katie would have been better or worse than Cochran staying, though lol. icon_lol

I was actually 10x calmer the round I left than I had been previously. There was very little to no scrambling to come from me for a few rounds at least - hence my eagerness to jump aboard the Lisa vote when I was certain the numbers were there.

The thing that really shits me actually, is Sarah said to me that round "I'm not voting you but I can't tell you who I am voting because I'm not sure I trust you enough yet.." So I had to go find out for myself. I then found out Ashley wasn't aware so I filled her in because I didn't want her on the outs and so she decided to give Lisa the immunity idol, not tell me to vote Cochran to save my ass and then Sarah voted for me after telling me she wouldn't.

Even when I did all the right things, people were just out to screw with me this time and I'm ok with that. I didn't appreciate the "cheater" voting comment though, that was like stuffing salt into an open wound.

You guys were super brutal to me at the Tribal where Jane was voted off as well - I didn't see the point in getting so nasty and it was actually the first time I had to log off a board in case I actually got emotional.

I don't know if I answered your question but I probably would have come at you just as hard as Cochran tbh so no, keeping me wouldn't have been a good idea.

The reason people were brutal to you then was because of just how much you went off the deep end when Kristina left. The whole thing was blown out of proportion. I'm getting a better understanding of what went down with Chad and Sarah around to talk about it more, but seriously, nobody was out to get you and you present the whole situation as if they were. I'm sorry if hearing conflicting stories was confusing and difficult for you, but that's just the game. You had Chad/Sarah making a plan with you, and then me still wanting to work with you, and when the whole thing turns into a big convoluted mess, you get all cryptic and weird and basically go off the deep end to the point where people didn't want anything to do with you. It was unnecessary. Why would any of us want to trust you after that big mess?

People are out to screw you in a Survivor game? And an All Star one at that? JAW. FLOOR.

People were out to screw EVERYONE. You've played enough to know that, and you've handled it SO much better in the past. You just let people get to you in a way descent into madness that I've never seen before.

People were after me from day one, but I kept my cool and fought to stay in it every fucking round. I really do like you a lot and respect you as a play. And I'm sorry you're pissed at me for playing as hard as I could for my favorite series ever, but I really just don't think you were capable of handling the heat this time around. You let out more crazy in two rounds than I've seen in a long time.
Mia

Postby Chad » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:20:02 pm

I think if you took any particular vote in any round of any game and started grilling people about EXACTLY what happened down to the gnat's ass level of detail, you would get stories that were slightly different. Everyone has their own perspectives and motives. How many times do you see people arguing over whose idea or move something was because they are legitimately convinced they were responsible for the move themselves?

Like, I was completely blown away by the whole thing. If Katie didn't want to vote Kristina out, when I told her about the plan she could have just said, "Hey. I thought we were going to start an alliance with her and Jo. Why do you want to vote her out?" That's all that would have been required. Instead she went straight to loonyville grilling everyone, comparing stories, repeating everything anyone said to her. I didn't even want to talk to her at that point because I kept hearing shit from Jolanda that Katie was telling her and was dragging my name into shit when I never even understand what the whole problem was in the first place.
Chad

Postby Mia » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:24:23 pm

^That.

All I was ever trying to get at was that the whole thing was completely blown out of proportion. Kristina leaves, you're still safe. It may not be the outcome you wanted, but you're still in, so accept that and keep fighting. That's what I do. Every round is a new round.
Mia

Postby Katie » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:26:38 pm

Chad wrote:I think if you took any particular vote in any round of any game and started grilling people about EXACTLY what happened down to the gnat's ass level of detail, you would get stories that were slightly different. Everyone has their own perspectives and motives. How many times do you see people arguing over whose idea or move something was because they are legitimately convinced they were responsible for the move themselves?

Like, I was completely blown away by the whole thing. If Katie didn't want to vote Kristina out, when I told her about the plan she could have just said, "Hey. I thought we were going to start an alliance with her and Jo. Why do you want to vote her out?" That's all that would have been required. Instead she went straight to loonyville grilling everyone, comparing stories, repeating everything anyone said to her. I didn't even want to talk to her at that point because I kept hearing shit from Jolanda that Katie was telling her and was dragging my name into shit when I never even understand what the whole problem was in the first place.

No, I didn't. I went straight to the person who you led me to believe was leading the charge - Sarah. I PMed Sarah back and forth for an eternity because I say a million ways that things could go wrong for us in the scenario she was suggesting. I was scared that Mia was playing us and I just wanted to make sure the plan was solid. Suddenly that got turned into me being some crazy lunatic when, really, I was just making sure due diligence had been done and that Mia could be trusted. I saw NO reason for Mia to turn on Hiva Oa until she came to me herself with the explanation (3 hours later).

All of this acting like I was the only one going around repeating shit that was said to me is fucking bullshit - you were all just as much to blame for that as I was. I just wanted to be certain we weren't getting screwed Chad and, for my efforts, I got your eternal disdain. Ask Jane post-game, she actually took the time to engage with me and discuss it properly without berating me for not just going along with it right away and it seemed super-fishy to her as well.

I was looking out for us - you included. The way you went from terrified to 100% certain you were in control didn't gel with me, I didn't see how you could transform from being certain you were gone first to suddenly so confident and I was the idiot now for being in the spot you just were.

FFS.
Katie

Postby Chad » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:47:19 pm

Terrified? icon_lol I wasn't terrified of anything. And I didn't think Mia was fucking us over. Her reasoning made sense and I believed Mia when she said she wanted her and me to be close in the game. Nothing really seemed that suspicious to me. Certainly didn't call for the Spanish Inquisition. And ironically it wasn't suspicious. It was a plan to vote out Kristina and nothing more than that.

Maybe your problem was thinking you had to take care of me or something. I'm fairly certain I can fend for myself in these things. And I never told you I was in control. I just wasn't a paranoid mess about that vote because I didn't think Mia was trying to fuck us over. That was a ridiculously elaborate plan just so they could blindside us with a fucking Jane vote, isn't it?

Whatever. Somehow this probably makes sense in your head.
Chad

Postby Mia » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:17:57 pm

Yeah I wasn't fucking anyone over. At least not then. Ken/Jolanda were always my ideal FInal 3 but I figured that would be impossible so I wanted to capitalize on as many bonds as I could.

The whole reason I jumped to Refuge so quick was because I wasn't overly thrilled about the direction that the power alliance on Hiva Oa was going in. Ted, Lisa, Ashley, myself, Ken, and Jolanda, and Jolanda was sort of on the bottom there and she was with Ken and I. I kind of stirred up a whole bunch of shit over there getting Jolanda/Ken to try and take down Ted, and it backfired. Then they both really liked Kristina and I didn't trust her, and I didn't want Chad to go either, so I was 100% good with her going. I was always banking on working with some Nukus sans Cochran because I knew he was a slippery player (and I hope you all realize that now too).
Mia

Postby Jolanda » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:40:25 pm

Kristina was my number one the round she left oops
Jolanda

Postby Mia » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:09:32 pm

Jolanda wrote:Kristina was my number one the round she left oops

I KNEW IT! lol

bitch icon_wub

It feels good to know I didn't just get paranoid about that shit for no reason! icon_laughing
Mia

Postby Jolanda » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:32:55 pm

She literally only was my number one from like that round maybe the round before that until she left so don't worry you and Ken were MOST of the time icon_wub
Jolanda

Postby Mia » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:30:36 am

Jolanda wrote:She literally only was my number one from like that round maybe the round before that until she left so don't worry you and Ken were MOST of the time icon_wub

Can't phase us out, bitch! icon_wub
Mia

Postby Katie » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:48:09 pm

Chad wrote:Terrified? icon_lol I wasn't terrified of anything.

Are you denying saying to me when you first got to Refuge that you were certain Sarah and Mia were out to get you and you would probably be the first one gone?
Katie

Postby Chad » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:44:02 pm

Um yea. I am denying that. icon_lol Why would I say Sarah and Mia were out to get me? That doesn't even make any sense.

I told you I was nervous in general and thought I was the first one gone because no one was messaging me at all which is typically a sign you are fucked. But within a day or two I just realized that Refuge was a cesspool of inactivity and it had nothing to do with me.

You have a memory problem or something.
Chad

Postby Jeff Probst » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:56:20 pm

Katie wrote:
Chad wrote:Terrified? icon_lol I wasn't terrified of anything.

Are you denying saying to me when you first got to Refuge that you were certain Sarah and Mia were out to get you and you would probably be the first one gone?

icon_yes
Jeff Probst
Host

Previous

Return to Ponderosa